Portable vehicle tracking systems can be used to pinpoint the exact location of your car and monitor vehicle usage.
GPS devices normally consist of a receiver unit and a software package, which gives you the flexibility to monitor other variables as well, and not just the location of your car.
GPS units can either be passive or real time.
Passive tracking units will record all the necessary data, which is then available for download to your computer at a later stage.
Depending on the type of system you choose, downloads can either be done automatically through wireless transfers, or manually trough a cable.
Real time tracking devices will record all the action live so that you can pinpoint the car's location at this very moment.
- Determine the location of your teenagers or spouse, so you'll never again have to wonder where they are.
- Portable vehicle tracking systems can also be used to monitor the speed of a vehicle... to ensure that gas consumption is reduced and also to reduce speed fines.
- GPS systems might lower your premiums with insurance companies.
- Used by law enforcement agencies to undertake covert operations.
- If you're looking for GPS devices then we recommend that you have a look here.
- Car tracking devices can be used by business or parents to monitor vehicles. The latest technology that fits into the palm of your hands.
It is illegal to install them on another vehicle without the owner's permission.